GCash’s GInvest lets you invest in a wide selection of stocks and bonds via mutual funds for as low as PhP50.00. The program is fast, easy-to-use, and ideal for anyone who has but spare change left over to invest.
(What is a mutual fund? See our article for all you need to know.)
(This article is an updated version of one we previously published. See here for the original article.)
As of December 31, 2021, GInvest offers seven (7) mutual funds to interested investors:
- ALFM Global Multi-Asset Income Fund (Risk Appetite: Aggressive)
- Philippine Stock Index Fund (Risk Appetite: Aggressive)
- ATRAM Peso Money Market Fund (Risk Appetite: Conservative)
- ATRAM Total Return Peso Bond Fund (Risk Appetite: Moderate)
- ATRAM Philippine Equity Smart Index Fund (Risk Appetite: Aggressive)
- ATRAM Global Consumer Trends Feeder Fund (Risk Appetite: Aggressive)
- ATRAM Global Technology Feeder Fund (Risk Appetite: Aggressive)
We went through the whole process of purchasing shares in a mutual fund through GCash’s GInvest and bought shares of the Philippine Stock Index Fund.
(1) Open GCash.
(2) Tap “View all GCash Services”.
(3) Tap “GInvest”.
(4) If you haven’t set up your GInvest beforehand, GCash will require you to answer a questionnaire to determine your personal risk profile. Our test returned a result of “Moderate” which means we are willing to accept a moderate amount of risk for a hopefully appropriate amount of return. After answering the questionnaire, go ahead and tap “View Investment Products”.
(5) Tap the investment product you plan to invest in. In this case, we chose the Philippine Stock Index Fund. Make sure to always thoroughly research whichever fund you plan to invest in beforehand.
(6) Tap “BUY”. Again: Research is key.
(7) Read and consider the fund’s terms & conditions, risk disclosure statement, and prospectus. Make sure to check if there are any hidden fees/required holding periods. Investment funds usually charge a fee for the asset management services they provide and have a required holding period to prevent investors from liquidating their positions too soon. If everything looks fine, press “Proceed”.
(8) You will be asked to enter an authentication code to verify your identity.
(9) Enter the amount you wish to invest, then press “Next”.
(10) GCash will ask you to confirm your order.
(11) After confirming, GCash will send you a notification and text message confirming your buy order.